Welcome to The Chic List, where we’re serving real headlines with a side of real talk. Eco-news, pop culture, and current events are all fair game. Click the headline for the original story, but read Diva’s take for the real deal. Fasten your seatbelts mofos, it’s time for The Chic List!
1. Hamptons residents initiate a No-Kardashian campaign.
Kudos to these brave citizens for proactively keeping trash off their streets!
2. Ariane Grande thinks bacon is disgusting.
I know I’ll get a ton of shit from the vegetarian/vegans out there, but Diva keeps it real on her shade of green: Bacon. Is. Awesome. But the real question here is: why the hell do we care what Frankie’s sister thinks?
3. Ian Somerhalder is dating Nikki Reed.
Some say he should have warned his ex, Nina Dobrev that he is now dating her friend. I would use this as an opportunity to point out that no one is perfect…However, upon review of the evidence, I have to say “dammit – he is perfect!” Photos below. (You’re welcome.)
4. An elephant weeps when freed after 50 years of confinement.
This is as heartwarming as it is heartbreaking. Animals should be free. Well, most of them…Holla in 8 years Apolla! (See what I did there?)
5. Russell Brand is asking for your help staying vegan.
First things first: Can someone help him stop being a douche? Baby steps, Rusty. baby steps.
6. Robin Thicke is done trying to win Paula Patton back.
Finally!!! An end to arguably the biggest waste of energy in the United States this year! But seriously son, you cheated on her?!
7. Leonardo DiCaprio raises $25 Million for the environment.
No Oscar? No problem. Leo’s gonna save the muthafuckin’ world.
8. Snoop Dogg narrates Plizzanet Earth.
No shade here – if they got rid of that plastic cup this shit would be gold! P.S. We’re done with Snoop Lion right? I hope this newfound focus on the wild doesn’t remind him of that. Get that man another blunt!
9. Michelle Obama’s new “Drink Up” campaign for water.
You had me at “Drink Up” FLOTUS! I was three sheets before I read the rest of the article. Umm, yeah…water’s good too. In reusuable containers of course.
10. Every news outlet in the world predicts a Bey & Jay split.
Talk about a waste of energy – girlfriend recorded the hottest album of the year and no one knew until she wanted them to. No matter what’s happening in her marriage, I’m pretty sure we won’t know until Queen B is good and gotdam ready for us to know. Until then, leave my girl alone!
Meet me here next time for a new rundown of the wild or mild, but always Diva-styled. In the meantime, catch our chic on Facebook for your daily dose of eco-fabulosity!